Download Books, Music, Movies and More!
New Hampshire Downloadable Book Consortium
Free service for library cardholders. NHDB includes eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- NH Downloadable Books (the guide)
- NH Downloadable Books (the website)
- Meet Libby (the new Overdrive app)
- Transferring eBooks to Kindles (handout)
- Troubleshooting help
- Narrated eBooks for Kids- Listen and read along with narrated eBooks through our NHDB and Tumblebooks Library services! These ebooks allow children to practice their comprehension skills with familiar stories.
Online Magazines & Newspapers
You can now read 1,000's of magazines and major daily newspapers like the New York Times and Wall Street Journal using your library card!
Find the Libby App in your app store, or visit the Overdrive (New Hampshire Downloadable Books) website to borrow and read popular magazines today! Browse the collection by topic to learn which titles are available.
Lastly, the library's NewsBank service provides access to full-text articles from the Concord Monitor starting in October 2002 and the from Union Leader starting in 1989, as well as America’s News, current and archived coverage of issues, events, people, government, sports and more from 2,400 U.S. newspapers. Newsbank also includes online access to some popular magazine titles, and Special Reports (international, multimedia coverage on a variety of hot topics and themes.)
As always, if you need help getting started contact us to get one-on-one help from a Librarian (by phone, live chat, email, etc.)!
Hoopla - Download or Stream Movies, Music, & Books
CPL Cardholders now have access to Hoopla, a free and easy to use streaming and download service. There are no waiting times, and users can borrow 4 titles per month!
Borrow movies/TV shows, music, eBooks, eAudiobooks & graphic novels. Lending times vary by format (movies/TV: 3 days, music: 7 days & all books: 21 days). A current CPL card and Hoopla account are needed for this service.
Free eBooks and Audiobooks (CPL card not required)
- Open Library - Many eBook formats available.
- Project Gutenberg - Many eBook formats available. Mobile users: look for mobile site link.
- Internet Archive - Many eBook formats available.
- Librivox - Public domain downloadable audiobooks, read by volunteers from around the world. There are third-party apps available for Android and iOS which connect to the Librivox catalog.
- Open eBooks - Open eBooks is a partnership between Digital Public Library of America, The New York Public Library, and First Book, with content support from digital books distributor Baker & Taylor. This effort is made possible by generous commitments of publishers with funding support provided in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and is part of the White House ConnectED Initiative.
- Digital Public Library of America - Sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Digital Public Library of America brings together the riches of America's libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.