Veterans' or Veterans' Widow Credit (RSA 72:28)
A person shall qualify for the optional Veterans’ Tax Credit (RSA 72:28) if the person is a Concord or Penacook resident who is a Veteran, as defined in RSA 21:50, and served not less than 90 days active service in the armed forces of the United States in any qualifying war or armed conflict listed in the section below, and continues to serve or was honorably discharged or an officer who continues to serve or was honorably separated from service; or the spouse or surviving spouse of such resident or terminated from the armed forces because of service connected disability or surviving spouse of such resident; or surviving spouse of any resident who suffered a service-connected death.
Any resident who may be eligible for an exemption or credit must file a permanent application (state form PA-29) (PDF) with the Assessing Department on or before April 15th of the application year.
If your property is held in a trust, you must supply a copy of the trust instrument and "A Statement of Qualification" (PA-33) (PDF) must be completed and submitted with documents. (All documents submitted shall be handled to protect the privacy of the applicant).
- A Credit of $200 from real estate tax bill
- Continues to serve or honorable discharge from service or spouse or surviving spouse of a qualifying Veteran
- Applicant must apply with a copy of DD214 or equivalent declaring proof of service; List of documents verifying military service (PDF)
- Active Duty Veteran (minimum 4 years credible service) may apply with the most recent Leave and Earning Statement
- Owner of the property on April 1st of the application year
- NH resident for 1 year prior to April 1st of the application year
- Applicant's principal place of abode
- Notify Assessor's Office of any change of address
Must be in armed service a minimum of 90 days active duty during the following dates:
- April 6, 1917 through November 11, 1918 (extended to April 1, 1920 for service in Russia)
- December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946 (including U.S. Merchant Marines)
- June 25, 1950 through January 31, 1955
- July 1, 1958 through December 22, 1961, if earned Vietnam service medal or expeditionary medal
- December 22, 1961 through May 7, 1975
- Any other war or armed conflict that has occurred since May 8, 1975, if earned armed forces expeditionary medal or theater of operations service medal; Information regarding medals considered a "Theater of Operations Service Medal" see Qualifying Awards for the Veterans' Tax Credit (PDF)
- August 2, 1990 through the date thereafter prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law
Note: If you are receiving a Veteran's Credit in any other Town, City or State, you are NOT eligible to receive the Veterans' Credit in the City of Concord.