Veteran's Credit

Veteran's or Veteran's Widow Credit (RSA 72:28)

Any resident who may be eligible for an exemption must file a permanent application (state form PA-29) (PDF) with the Assessing Department.

If your property is held in a trust, you must supply a copy of the trust instrument and "A Statement of Qualification" (PA-33) (PDF) must be completed and submitted with documents. (All documents submitted shall be handled to protect the privacy of the applicant).

Applications must be received by April 15th.


  • A Credit of $150 from real estate tax bill
  • Honorable discharge from service
  • Applicant must apply with a copy of DD214 or equivalent declaring proof of service; List of documents verifying military service (PDF)
  • Owner of the property on April 1st of application year
  • NH resident for 1 year prior to April 1st of the application year
  • Principal place of abode
  • Notify Assessor's Office of any change of address

Must be in armed service a minimum of 90 days active duty during the following dates:

  1. April 6, 1917 through November 11, 1918 (extended to April 1, 1920 for service in Russia)
  2. December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946 (including U.S. Merchant Marines)
  3. June 25, 1950 through January 31, 1955
  4. July 1, 1958 through December 22, 1961, if earned Vietnam service medal or expeditionary medal
  5. December 22, 1961 through May 7, 1975
  6. Any other war or armed conflict that has occurred since May 8, 1975, if earned armed forces expeditionary medal or theater of operations service medal; Information regarding medals considered a "Theater of Operations Service Medal" see Qualifying Awards for the Veterans' Tax Credit (PDF)
  7. August 2, 1990 through the date thereafter prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law

Note: If you are receiving a Veteran's Credit in any other Town, City or State, you are NOT eligible to receive the Veteran's Credit in the City of Concord.