The Concord Police Department Crime Scene services is a specialty within the Criminal Investigations Division. Currently, there are two detectives whose primary responsibilities are:
• Evidence Preservation, Documentation, Collection, and Processing
• Handling of all major crime scenes to include homicides, aggravated assaults, sexual assaults, and burglaries
• Aids the Patrol Division and the Criminal Investigations Division with other crime scenes as needed
• Instructs Police Officers in proper evidence collection and packaging. Instructs CPD Basic Evidence Technician course.
• Maintains the department’s Crime Scene Response vehicle and evidence related equipment
• Acts as a liaison between CPD and the NHSP Forensic Laboratory
Our Concord Police Department Detectives have been highly trained in areas such as crime scene processing, evidence collection, and crime scene reconstruction. Both Detectives are graduates of the University of Tennessee’s National Forensic Academy and are Certified Crime Scene Investigators.