Your library offers a variety of helpful resources for genealogical research!
To access Ancestry.com Library Edition and HeritageQuest Online you will need to login using your library card number and PIN at: https://bit.ly/2WGcYYC-CPL-NewResources. Access to these resources has been temporarily expanded to library cardholders working remotely, courtesy of ProQuest and its partner Ancestry.
Please email a librarian for assistance accessing or using these resources!
More helpful online resources @ your library:
- FamilySearch - Millions of people use FamilySearch records, resources, and services each year to learn more about their family history. As an affiliate library, users gain access to even more collections when using this service at the CPL.
- Concord Monitor Indexes - Obituary index (1959 to January 2015) and an index of selected Concord Monitor articles (1981 to 2008).
- Local papers - Full-text recent articles from local papers provided through America’s News. Newspapers include the Nashua Broadcaster, Derry News, Claremont Eagle Times, Foster’s Daily Democrat, Manchester Examiner, Monadnock Leger Transcript, Nashua Telegraph, West Lebanon Valley News, and the Portsmouth Wire, as well as regional papers.
- NewsBank - Full-text articles from the Concord Monitor starting in October 2002 and from the Union Leader starting in 1989, as well as America’s News, current and archived coverage of issues, events, people, government, sports and more from 2,400 U.S. newspapers. Includes online access to some popular magazine titles and Special Reports (international, multimedia coverage on a variety of hot topics and themes.)
- Visit our Digitized Concord History webpage to browse electronic versions of local histories, manuscripts, and more.
- Sanborn Maps - Large-scale maps of cities and towns in New Hampshire covering the years 1867 to 1970. If you are looking for information on historic properties in Concord, this is a great place to start. Email the library to get a password for home access!