Local Welfare Office
Concord Human Services is the local welfare office for the City of Concord.
- New Hampshire Department of Employment Security - Employment services, unemployment benefits.
- NH Works - assistance with finding a job.
Food Stamps, Medicaid, TANF/EA, APTD, OAA, Child Care
- New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) - Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a cash program, Emergency Assistance, Food Stamps, (SNAP), Medicaid, Child Care, Aid to the Permanently and Totally Disabled (APTD) is a cash program, Old Age Assistance (OAA), is a cash program and other services, all programs are based on eligibility.
- NH Easy - Online application website for programs through DHHS.
Fuel Assistance & Weatherization, Senior Programs, Housing & Homelessness
- Community Action Program (CAP) - Belknap Merrimack Community Action Program - Heating and electric assistance, Senior housing, affordable housing, Security Deposits and assistance programs for the homeless based on eligibility.
- Alliance Management - Property managers for CATCH housing.
- Catch Housing - Affordable housing and home buyer financial success programs.
- Concord Housing Authority - Section 8 and Public Housing programs.
- Families in Transition - Housing programs with focus on assisting homeless families and individuals.
- New Hampshire Housing Finance Authority - Statewide housing programs.
Information & Referral
- New Hampshire 2-1-1 - Searchable data base of area services, homeless outreach
Ph: 2-1-1 or 866-444-4211 from out of state.
- New Hampshire Service Link - Aging and disability resource center.
- Ascentria Care Alliance - Assists refugees with arrival, integration into the community, job training, placement, and other services.
NH Substance Misuse Treatment Information
- Community Action Program (CAP) - Belknap Merrimack Community Action Program - Provides food for eligible Women, Infants, and Children (WIC). Supplemental Commodity Foods Program (SCFP) and The Meals on Wheels Program provides food for eligible seniors.
- Social Security Administration - Social Security, Medicare, Supplemental Security, and Social Security Disability.
- Concord Area Transit - Fixed route bus transportation and demand response transportation for seniors and people with disabilities.