Elections / Voter Info


The mission of the City Clerk’s Office is to provide City of Concord residents with an election process in accordance with Article 11 of the Constitution of the State of New Hampshire and in accordance with the City of Concord City Charter.

Registering to Vote

Residents may register to vote at the City Clerk’s office and/or at their polling location on Election Day.  To be eligible to register and vote in the City of Concord, applicants must be:

  • 18 years of age or older on Election Day
  • A United States Citizen
  • Domiciled in the ward where they intend to vote

To register, applicants must be able to prove identity, age, domicile, and citizenship, and the following documents will provide proof of such.

  • Proof of Identification and Age: Valid Driver's License, Non-Driver's ID, current United States Passport or Passport Card, Military ID, valid student photo-ID (if DOB is listed)

  • Proof of Domicile: Valid Driver's License, Non-Driver's ID, or any of the following listing the applicant’s current name and address such as valid student photo-ID, school document showing applicant lives in campus housing, valid NH vehicle registration, utility bill, bank statement, rental or lease agreement, tax bill, medical bill, pay stub, other monthly bills, postmarked mail within the last 30 days

  • Proof of Citizenship: United States Birth Certificate, United States Passport or Passport Card, Naturalization papers if the applicant is a naturalized citizen

If documents are unavailable to applicants when registering, they may sign affidavits attesting to their identity, age, citizenship, and domicile.  Applicants who complete affidavits when registering will be contacted later by the NH Secretary of State to verify the applicant’s information.

Residents unable to visit the Clerk’s Office due to absence or disability may register absentee.  For questions specific to absentee registration please call the City Clerk’s Office at (603) 225-8500.

Military or Overseas Citizen Registration

Members of the military domiciled in Concord can obtain from their commanding officer a Standard Form 76 Federal Post Card Application - Registration and Absentee Ballot Request (red and white form). If you are an oversees citizen domiciled in Concord or if your commanding officer does not have the form, it can be printed from the online version available at https://www.fvap.gov/ and mailed to the Concord City Clerk’s Office, 41 Green Street, Concord, NH 03301.

Absentee Ballots

Absentee Ballots are available at the City Clerk’s Office for those who are unable to vote at the polls on Election Day due to absence from town, physical disability, religious observance, or employment obligations.

Absentee Ballots can be requested in person at the City Clerk’s Office or via a written request which shall include the voter’s name, address, mailing address, and signature.  During a primary election, undeclared voters will be asked to declare a party on their ballot request application.  Ballots are given in-hand directly to the voter or delivered via U.S. mail.

View or download the absentee ballot request form for Elections to be held in 2023.  Visit our  Absentee Ballot Information Page for more information.