Concord Public Library - Main Library
|Other Link||Concord Public Library Homepage|
- Bike racks
- Wireless internet access
The establishment of the Concord Public Library was authorized by a city ordinance passed in 1855. The library opened two years later on the second floor of the current Merrimack County Court House, and it moved twice more before opening at the current location in 1940. For a detailed history of the library, please see Celebrating 150 Years of Service : Concord Public Library (1855 – 2005) by Virginia Babczak.
There are metered parking lots and on-street parking around the library. Unmetered on-street parking is available within walking distance. There are also two parking garages nearby: the Durgin Block Garage (enter on Warren or School Street), and the Fire House Block Garage (enter on State or Green Street). There is one handicapped parking space available in the lot behind the Library, and one located near the front entrance to the Library. The map of parking around the library can be downloaded here.
In addition to wireless internet access and tablet laptops, the library has adult desktop computers, children's computers and 2 guest computers for public use. Visit the library website for more details!
CPL has one small study room available for up to six people on a first-come, first-serve basis for 2 hours at a time. The library also maintains a list of meeting rooms for the public in Concord.
View the Calendar for upcoming events at the Main Library.