The City of Concord will temporarily suspend the PAYT (pay as you throw) purple bag program per a City Council vote on April 13.
The suspension, due to the coronavirus pandemic, is scheduled to start on Monday, April 20 and continue through a week after the Governor’s emergency stay at home order is rescinded. This date is currently to be determined, and will be communicated through the City’s website at www.concordnh.gov.
Here is some additional information about this temporary suspension:
- Residents cannot get a refund for bags previously purchased.
- Bulky items cannot be put at the curb.
- All trash must continue to be bagged.You can use any bag.
- Residents are encouraged to continue to recycle.
- Residents can continue to utilize the PAYT bags.
More information will be available at www.concordnh.gov/coronavirus.