Landlord Agent Registration

According to RSA 540:1-b, effective Jan. 1, 2011, owners of restricted property must file a statement with the town or city clerk of the municipality in which the property is located that provides the name, address, and telephone number of a person within the state who is authorized to accept service of process for legal proceedings.

If you are an owner of rental property in the city you may be required to file a landlord/agent registration form (PDF) with the City Clerks Office.

Please note that not all property owners are required to file this statement. Links to pertinent state laws have been provided below to determine if your property requires a designated agent for service. Please read these documents carefully.

If you are indeed required to file with our office, please submit the landlord/agent registration form along with a $15 filing fee to:

City Clerks Office
41 Green Street
Concord, NH 03301

Please make checks payable to the City of Concord.

NH RSA 540:1-a: Actions Against Tenants Definitions (PDF)

NH RSA 540:1-b: Actions Against Tenants Landlord's Agent Required (PDF)

Please call us at 603-225-8500 with any questions.