Renting a Community Center, Park or Athletic Field
All leagues and renters of any City of Concord recreation facilities (indoor or outdoor) are required to follow the COVID-19 Reopening Guidance from the Governor’s Reopening Task Force. Users are required to stay up to date on the requirements. Complete information on rules is available on the State of NH website. All users are required to enforce the COVID-19 rules with coaches, participants and families members. If the renters/leagues (coaches, league officials, parents) do not follow and enforce they will forfeit all use of facilities for at least two weeks and no refunds will be issued.
- Please carry in and carry out your trash
- No overnight parking allowed in parks
- Permits are required for any organized event or game
- The following parks have porta toliets:Rollins, Martin, Memorial Field, White, Keach, Merrill, Beaver Meadow and Rolfe.
- Dog owners are require to "scoop the poop". Pick up and remove your dogs waste.
- No metal detecting in any city parks
- No alcohol allowed in parks without written approval and permits issued by the City of Concord. Please note several parks per their deed are not allowed to host alcohol events.
Some users (mainly leagues, special events etc) will be required to show proof of liability insurance and submit a copy of their Insurance Certificate. Our rental fees for groups and leagues are whether a group is Concord/Penacook group or a nonresident group/league. We use the business address that is listed on your certificate of insurance. If requesting the non profit rate for new center we will also need to provide us their tax ID number and be in good standing with the State of NH and be registered with a Concord address. We do not allow PO boxes to show if a group is based in Concord or not. Questions please contact the office prior to request use of a field or a center.
To reserve space at the West Street Ward House or the Green Street Community Center please contact email John Dennett, or call 603-225-8690.
To reserve space at the new City WIde Community Center please contact email John Andersch or call 603-225-8690
If you are requesting a rental at the City Wide Community Center please submit the CWCC Rental Request Form
Parks & Athletic Fields
You can rent a Gazebo or an area of a park for birthday parties, family picnics or even fitness classes. Our athletic fields host games from three local High Schools, several youth baseball/softball/soccer/lacrosse leagues and numerouse adult leagues. Several parks also host annual several road races and community special events.
To reserve a Park or Athletic Field please email John Andersch, or call 603-225-8690. If you are unsure of which park best suites your events’ needs, please feel free to call or set up a meeting with us. Depending on the size and scope of your event, additional permits may be required by the Code Division (for example – food vendors, road closures, large tents, etc.). We also may require our staff to be onsite (fee), police detail (fee), require you to bring in extra porta toilets (fee) etc.
There are established fees users need to pay prior to using a facility in addition to completing a Parks & Recreation Facility Agreement (PDF). Some users (mainly leagues, special events etc) will be required to show proof of liability insurance and submit a copy of their Insurance Certificate. Our rental fees for groups and leagues are whether a group is Concord/Penacook group or a nonresident group/league. We use the business address that is listed on your certificate of insurance. Leagues also need to provide us their tax ID number and be in good standing with the State of NH.. We do not allow PO boxes to show if a group is based in Concord or not. Questions please contact the office prior to request use of a field or a center.
The scheduling priority of City of Concord Athletic Fields is as follows:
- Concord Parks & Recreation Programs
- Concord School District Youth Programs
- Existing Community Youth/Adult Programs/Leagues
- Concord School District Adult Programs
- New/expanded community/school - leagues/special events Requests need to be made in writing to the Parks & Recreation at least 8 months ahead of time when requesting use of city facilities. Requests are granted only if there is available facility space and does not affect current users.
The Concord Parks & Recreation Department follows this process when scheduling all city athletic fields. This process has been in place since 2001 and has been approved by the Recreation and Parks Advisory Committee, Concord City Council and the Concord School Board.