Download Books, Music, Movies and More!
New Hampshire Downloadable Book Consortium
Free service for library cardholders. NHDB includes eBooks and eAudiobooks.
- NH Downloadable Books (the guide)
- NH Downloadable Books (the website)
- Meet Libby (the new Overdrive app)
- eBooks & eAudios with Libby (presentation)
- Supported devices (NHDB guide)
- eBook help
- Troubleshooting help
- Kindle Users - Transfer Cheat Sheet
- Libby for Kindle Fire - Easy Install Guide
- Narrated eBooks for Kids - Listen and read along with narrated eBooks through our NHDB and Tumblebooks Library services! These ebooks allow children to practice their comprehension skills with familiar stories.
Online Magazines - Zinio is now RB Digital
CPL Cardholders have access to RB Digital (formerly Zinio for Libraries) a free digital magazine service. There are no checkout periods, no holds, and no limit to the number of magazines that you can download! RB Digital includes magazines like HGTV Magazine, Highlights, MacWorld, Newsweek and much more. Sign up for an account, give it a try and start reading today!
A current CPL card, RB Digital account and the RB Digital app are needed for this service. Please see the websites below for help in setting up your account.
Hoopla - Download or Stream Movies, Music, & Books
CPL Cardholders now have access to Hoopla, a free and easy to use streaming and download service. There are no waiting times, and users can borrow 5 titles per month!
Borrow movies/TV shows, music, eBooks, eAudiobooks & graphic novels. Lending times vary by format (movies/TV: 3 days, music: 7 days & all books: 21 days). A current CPL card and Hoopla account are needed for this service.
Free eBooks and Audiobooks (CPL card not required)
- Best of the Free (Google Books) - Many eBook formats available. Not for Kindle.
- Manybooks.net - Many eBook formats available. Kindle users: when downloading a title, choose the "Kindle(.azw)" format option on the right side and select "Download."
- MobileRead – Free eBook Sites - A comprehensive list - for all devices. Many of these are not available in Adobe EPUB, but will work well on tablets and laptops.
- Open Library - Many eBook formats available.
- Project Gutenberg - Many eBook formats available. Mobile users: look for mobile site link.
- Internet Archive - Many eBook formats available.
- Hathi Trust - Many eBook formats available.
- Librivox - Public domain downloadable audiobooks, read by volunteers from around the world. There are third-party apps available for Android and iOS which connect to the Librivox catalog.
- Open eBooks - Open eBooks is a partnership between Digital Public Library of America, The New York Public Library, and First Book, with content support from digital books distributor Baker & Taylor. This effort is made possible by generous commitments of publishers with funding support provided in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, and is part of the White House ConnectED Initiative.
- Digital Public Library of America - Sponsored by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, the Digital Public Library of America brings together the riches of America's libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.
Online Reference Books
(Not downloadable, library card required)
- Sanborn Maps - Large-scale maps of cities and towns in New Hampshire covering the years 1867 to 1970. If you are looking for information on historic properties in Concord, this is a great place to start.